Preparedness month planned to face flood disasters in future

Preparedness month planned to face flood disasters in future
KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 8 (Bernama) — Communication and Multimedia Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek said a preparedness month will be held in high risk areas to face future flood disasters.
 
He said the campaign which was expected to be held in September or October each year was aimed at preparing communities at every level if a flood disaster took place in their respective areas.
 
"Preparations to face flood disasters must start at the bottom. Flood victims need aid in terms of food, clothes (and) helicopters to evacuate. But where do we send the aid, where are the helicopters to land?
 
"All these have to be decided at an early stage at the individual, family, district and state levels," said Ahmad Shabery, who was a guest on the programme 'Landscape: Flood' aired by Radio Television Malaysia (RTM) Wednesday night.
 
He said preparedness at the locality level required a simulation to face disasters up to the worst case scenario to enable the public to be aware of the actions needed to save lives and property.
 
In the meantime, Ahmad Shabery said the ministry had also asked the Multimedia Development Corporation to develop an information portal on centres for evacuation and the collection of flood aid supply to facilitate volunteers and non-governmental organisation in extending aid to flood victims.
 
"I praise the spirit of Malaysians who are willing to venture to the flood areas to help the victims. But from the stories that I hear, they did not know where to put the aid and to whom they are to be handed over to," he said.
 
In the one-hour programme, Ahmad Shabery, who is also Kemaman Member of Parliament, also shared the preparedness measures taken in Kemaman which was regarded by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak as having achieved a very high level.
 
The minister said 69 flood relief centres with a capacity for 40,000 victims had been prepared much earlier to prepare for a worst case scenario during the monsoon season.
 
He said three helicopter landing areas other than a food storage and daily requirements depot were set up to facilitate aid to flood victims in the district.
 
"It is not the time to deliver supply when the flood inundates, as routes may have been cut off. The food supply should already have been delivered to the relief centres before the floods," he added. (BERNAMA)
 


ดูข่าวเพิ่มเติม

Top Viewed • อ่านมากสุด

ดูทั้งหมด

ทีมกู้ภัยเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายแผ่นดินไหวเมียนมา

ทีมกู้ภัยยังเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายจากเหตุแผ่นดินไหวในเมียนมา แม้จะผ่านมา 4 วันแล้ว จนกลิ่นศพเริ่มคละคลุ้งไปทั่ว ขณะที่ยอดผู้เสียชีวิตใกล้แตะหลัก 3,000 ราย

ตึกถล่มพบเสียชีวิตเพิ่ม

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่าง

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ในพื้นที่โซน B และโซน C มีซากอาคารถล่มทับร่างอยู่ ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่างและค้นหาผู้สูญหายใต้ซากอาคารต่อเนื่อง

ข่าวแนะนำ

เจาะโซน C และ D สำเร็จ อีก 1 เมตรถึงลิฟต์-บันไดหนีไฟ

กู้ภัย เผยเจาะโซน C และ D ได้สำเร็จ อีก 1 เมตรถึงลิฟต์และบันไดหนีไฟ เชื่อมีผู้สูญหายติดอยู่โซนนี้จำนวนมาก หลังพบเสียงขอความช่วยเหลือจากโซน B ตั้งแต่เมื่อคืนที่ผ่านมา

ลุ้นช่วยผู้รอดชีวิต หลังพบสัญญาณชีพ

ปฏิบัติการค้นหาผู้สูญหายจากอาคาร สตง.ถล่ม ยังเดินหน้าต่อเนื่อง ขณะนี้ในพื้นที่เสียงเครื่องจักรหนักหยุดลง เป็นสัญญาณว่าทีมกู้ภัย ทั้งเจ้าหน้าที่ค้นหาและสุนัข K9 กำลังเข้าไปเดินสำรวจหลายจุด ซึ่งปฏิบัติการตลอดทั้งวันนี้เน้นจุดโซน B หลังจากช่วงคืนที่ผ่านมา (2 เม.ย.) มีสัญญาณตอบกลับจากผู้ที่คาดว่าจะรอดชีวิต

สภาฯ ถก 11 ญัตติ หาทางรับมือแผ่นดินไหว-ภัยพิบัติ

สภาฯ ถก 11 ญัตติ หาทางรับมือแผ่นดินไหว-ภัยพิบัติ ชง “ครม.” ผุดมาตรการตรวจสอบ “บ.รับจ้าง” ขึ้นบัญชีดำผู้รับเหมา หวังป้องกันเหตุซ้ำรอยตึก สตง. ถล่ม

“วันนอร์” ของขึ้น! ขอ ตร.สภาเข้าชาร์จ หลังเถียงกันวุ่นปมญัตติใครขึ้นก่อน

สภาเดือด “วันนอร์” ของขึ้น! ลุกยืน ขอ ตร.สภาเข้าชาร์จ หลังเถียงกันวุ่น เอาญัตติใครขึ้นก่อน เหตุ “อนุสรณ์” เสนอญัตติเลื่อนระเบียบวาระเอ็นเตอร์เทนเมนต์ฯ ไปพิจารณาครั้งถัดไป ซ้อน “เท้ง” เรื่องแผ่นดินไหว “ไอติม” ก็เดือด ทุบโต๊ะ แซะรัฐบาล ไม่กี่ชั่วโมงก็รอไม่ได้ จะเอา “กาสิโน” เข้าทันทีเลย ด้าน “ชัยชนะ” นั่งไม่ติดขอใช้สิทธิพาดพิง ยันพรรคร่วมรัฐบาลไม่ได้เห็นด้วยกับฝ่ายค้าน ทำ “ปกรณ์วุฒิ” โต้กลับ เบรกอย่าประท้วงมั่วซั่ว ขณะ “โรม” ลุกโวยปิดไมค์แต่ฝ่ายค้าน สุดท้ายแพ้ ญัตติขอเลื่อนระเบียบวาระถูกพิจารณาก่อน