PM Satisfied with Cabinet Meeting in Phuket

PHUKET, Nov 4 (TNA) — Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said he was satisfied with a cabinet meeting in the southern resort province and promised to consider proposals from local parties.


Gen Prayut said that the cabinet meeting in Phuket was aimed at building confidence and ensuring effective measures for the reopening of the country to welcome foreign tourists to allow people to generate income and maintain employment.

“I have listened to problems and proposals from operators. The impacts of COVID-19 are lessons for all governments. Importantly businesses should be adjusted and restructured to suit local potential,” the prime minister said.


Gen Prayut also mentioned a 30-billion-baht plan to develop tourism infrastructures in provinces facing the Andaman Sea. He said the government accepted it and the National Economic and Social Development Council would consider its legal and financial details. The plan will be implemented if it is feasible, he said.

Deputy government spokesperson Trisulee Trisaranakul said the cabinet acknowledged three main projects to promote tourism and sports in Surat Thani, Krabi and Phuket provinces.

Deputy government spokesperson Trisulee Trisaranakul

One concerns the development of a “Spa City” in Khlong Thom district of Krabi. Another project is the development of the Nam Phut Bang Sawan tourist destination in Phra Saeng district of Surat Thani. The other project will be the organization of sports events to promote tourism in Phuket, Krabi and Surat Thani.


Ms Trisulee said that last year foreign visitors to the three southern provinces formed 68% of foreign tourists in the country. The three projects were aimed at stimulating tourism in the three provinces that were heavily affected by COVID-19, she said. (TNA)

ดูข่าวเพิ่มเติม

Top Viewed • อ่านมากสุด

ดูทั้งหมด

ทีมกู้ภัยเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายแผ่นดินไหวเมียนมา

ทีมกู้ภัยยังเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายจากเหตุแผ่นดินไหวในเมียนมา แม้จะผ่านมา 4 วันแล้ว จนกลิ่นศพเริ่มคละคลุ้งไปทั่ว ขณะที่ยอดผู้เสียชีวิตใกล้แตะหลัก 3,000 ราย

ตึกถล่มพบเสียชีวิตเพิ่ม

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่าง

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ในพื้นที่โซน B และโซน C มีซากอาคารถล่มทับร่างอยู่ ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่างและค้นหาผู้สูญหายใต้ซากอาคารต่อเนื่อง

ข่าวแนะนำ

“อนุทิน” เผยยังไม่สรุปสาเหตุตึก สตง.ถล่ม ต้องรอตรวจสอบเชิงลึก

“อนุทิน” ระบุยังไม่สรุปสาเหตุตึก สตง. ถล่ม บอกต้องรอตรวจสอบเชิงลึก ชี้สภาพหน้างานตอนนี้ยังเก็บหลักฐานไม่ได้ อยู่ระหว่างกู้ภัย คาดใช้เวลาอีกเป็นเดือน

คุมตัวผัวเมียชิงทอง 8 บาท ย่านบางพลี ทำแผนฯ

ตำรวจคุมตัวสามีภรรยา ชี้จุดทำแผนประกอบคำรับสารภาพ หลังร่วมกันก่อเหตุชิงทอง 8 บาท ร้านทองย่านบางพลี จ.สมุทรปราการ อ้างต้องการเงินไปเป็นเจ้าภาพงานบุญผ้าป่า หลังสัญญากับทางวัดไว้

กู้ภัยนานาชาติ เครือข่าย USAR ถอนกำลังแล้ว

กู้ภัยนานาชาติ เครือข่าย USAR ถอนกำลังแล้ว หลังอยู่ปฏิบัติภารกิจค้นหา-กู้ชีพ สนับสนุนกู้ภัยไทย เหตุตึก สตง.ถล่ม กว่า 1 สัปดาห์

“ก้อง ห้วยไร่” ร้องเพลงให้กำลังใจญาติผู้ประสบภัยตึก สตง.ถล่ม

ใช้ดนตรีฮีลใจ “ก้อง ห้วยไร่” ร้องเพลงคลายเครียดให้กับญาติผู้ประสบภัยตึก สตง.ถล่ม ที่ศูนย์พักคอยฯ ทำเอาหลายคนกลั้นน้ำตาไว้ไม่ไหว เผยเข้าใจความรู้สึกแรงงานดี เพราะตนเคยทำมาก่อน