600 kg of Seized Weed Distributed for Medicine Production

BANGKOK, July 12 (TNA) – The Office of Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) handed over 600 kg of cannabis, seized from drug traffickers to Abhaibhubejhr Hospital to produce cannabinoid drugs.


ONCB secretary-general Niyom Termsrisuk presided over the handover of cannabis to Chantima Suwan, a traditional medicine practitioner from the hospital. 

Chantima said the first lot of 30 kg cannabis, given to the hospital earlier was found to be safe from hazardous substances and it contained high concentration of CBD and THC, active compounds for medicine production.


The new lot of marijuana will be tested for contamination and the result will be known within 15 days. Then, it will take about one and a half month to produce marijuana-based medicine for the last-stage cancer patients. The 600 kg cannabis could be made into upto a hundred thousand bottles of cannabis oil.

Meanwhile, Niyom said the ONCB had about 22 tonnes of seized marijuana in its possession but the tests must be conducted to see if it was the medical –grade cannabis. 

The agency is ready to distribute the drug for medical purposes and researches. So far, ten institutions sought permission to use the drug. 


Besides Abhaibhubejhr Hospital, two institutions were approved including  Sakon Nakhon-based Arjaro Hospital and Faculty of Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University. (TNA)

ดูข่าวเพิ่มเติม

Top Viewed • อ่านมากสุด

ดูทั้งหมด

ทีมกู้ภัยเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายแผ่นดินไหวเมียนมา

ทีมกู้ภัยยังเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายจากเหตุแผ่นดินไหวในเมียนมา แม้จะผ่านมา 4 วันแล้ว จนกลิ่นศพเริ่มคละคลุ้งไปทั่ว ขณะที่ยอดผู้เสียชีวิตใกล้แตะหลัก 3,000 ราย

ตึกถล่มพบเสียชีวิตเพิ่ม

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่าง

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ในพื้นที่โซน B และโซน C มีซากอาคารถล่มทับร่างอยู่ ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่างและค้นหาผู้สูญหายใต้ซากอาคารต่อเนื่อง

ข่าวแนะนำ

ค้นหาผู้สูญหายตึกถล่ม

ผู้ว่าฯ กทม. สั่งปรับแผนค้นหาผู้สูญหายตึกถล่ม

ครบ 7 วันเหตุแผ่นดินไหว อาคารถล่ม ล่าสุดผู้ว่าฯ กทม. สั่งปรับแผนค้นหาผู้สูญหาย ใช้เครื่องจักรหนักรื้อถอนทุกโซน เบื้องต้นพบร่างผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่มเติมอีก 2 ร่าง ยังไม่สามารถนำออกมาได้

ยุน ซ็อก ยอล

ศาลรัฐธรรมนูญวินิจฉัยให้ถอดถอน ยุน ซ็อก ยอล จากตำแหน่ง ปธน.

ศาลรัฐธรรมนูญเกาหลีใต้มีคำวินิจฉัยในวันนี้ให้ถอดถอนนายยุน ซ็อก ยอล ออกจากตำแหน่งประธานาธิบดีตามที่รัฐสภาลงมติไปก่อนหน้านี้ ทำให้เขาต้องพ้นจากตำแหน่งผู้นำเกาหลีใต้

เจาะโซน C และ D สำเร็จ อีก 1 เมตรถึงลิฟต์-บันไดหนีไฟ

กู้ภัย เผยเจาะโซน C และ D ได้สำเร็จ อีก 1 เมตรถึงลิฟต์และบันไดหนีไฟ เชื่อมีผู้สูญหายติดอยู่โซนนี้จำนวนมาก หลังพบเสียงขอความช่วยเหลือจากโซน B ตั้งแต่เมื่อคืนที่ผ่านมา

ลุ้นช่วยผู้รอดชีวิต หลังพบสัญญาณชีพ

ปฏิบัติการค้นหาผู้สูญหายจากอาคาร สตง.ถล่ม ยังเดินหน้าต่อเนื่อง ขณะนี้ในพื้นที่เสียงเครื่องจักรหนักหยุดลง เป็นสัญญาณว่าทีมกู้ภัย ทั้งเจ้าหน้าที่ค้นหาและสุนัข K9 กำลังเข้าไปเดินสำรวจหลายจุด ซึ่งปฏิบัติการตลอดทั้งวันนี้เน้นจุดโซน B หลังจากช่วงคืนที่ผ่านมา (2 เม.ย.) มีสัญญาณตอบกลับจากผู้ที่คาดว่าจะรอดชีวิต