Thai Police Dismiss British Tourist’s Claim of Being Raped on Koh Tao Island

BANGKOK, Oct 16 (TNA) – Thai police formally dismissed
the claim by a British female tourist that she was raped on Thailand’s Koh Tao Island
in June this year after sending a team to question the woman in the United
Kingdom.


The 19-year-old British tourist claimed she was drugged and
raped on June 25 and she was rejected by police when trying to file a report on
July 4.  Police found no evidence to
support her claim in their initial probe and later sent investigators to the UK
to speak to the woman. 

Speaking at a press briefing on Tuesday, Thai police said
they had uncovered no new evidence in the investigation. 


Thailand’s National Police chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda
said the probe had been concluded that it was a false claim.

Pol Gen Chanthip said the woman was unable to give
sufficient details of the location and description of the alleged rapist.


Laboratory tests showed the navy blue t-shirt she wore on
that day did not have trace of semen as she claimed, he said.

Asked if police would take legal action against the woman,
Pol Gen Chakthip said there would be no charge against her because she did not
formally file police report.

However, the rape claim has been emerged in large part from
online media.

Police had earlier arrested Facebook users for sharing posts
about the alleged crime.They have identified main sources of the false
information, “CSI LA” Facebook page and “Samui Times” online news. 

The administrator and publisher have been accused of disseminating
false info online.(TNA)

ดูข่าวเพิ่มเติม

Top Viewed • อ่านมากสุด

ดูทั้งหมด

ทีมกู้ภัยเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายแผ่นดินไหวเมียนมา

ทีมกู้ภัยยังเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายจากเหตุแผ่นดินไหวในเมียนมา แม้จะผ่านมา 4 วันแล้ว จนกลิ่นศพเริ่มคละคลุ้งไปทั่ว ขณะที่ยอดผู้เสียชีวิตใกล้แตะหลัก 3,000 ราย

ตึกถล่มพบเสียชีวิตเพิ่ม

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่าง

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ในพื้นที่โซน B และโซน C มีซากอาคารถล่มทับร่างอยู่ ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่างและค้นหาผู้สูญหายใต้ซากอาคารต่อเนื่อง

ข่าวแนะนำ

ประชุมBIMSTEC

นายกฯ กล่าวถ้อยแถลงเวทีผู้นำ BIMSTEC เปิด “วิสัยทัศน์กรุงเทพฯ 2030″

นายกฯ แพทองธาร กล่าวถ้อยแถลง วงประชุมผู้นำ BIMSTEC ครั้งที่ 6 เปิด “วิสัยทัศน์กรุงเทพฯ 2030″ กระชับความร่วมมือสร้างภูมิภาคที่เจริญรุ่งเรืองและเปิดกว้าง พัฒนาความเชื่อมโยงทางเศรษฐกิจ

DSI เปิดความเชื่อมโยง “ไชน่า เรลเวย์ นัมเบอร์ 10” พบใช้ 3 คนไทยเป็นนอมินี

“DSI“ เปิดความเชื่อมโยงบริษัทไชน่า เรลเวย์ นัมเบอร์ 10 (ประเทศไทย) จำกัด รับงาน 29 โครงการรัฐ มูลค่ารวมกว่า 22,000 ล้านบาท พบใช้ 3 คนไทย เป็นนอมินีอำพรางถือหุ้น

ค้นหาผู้สูญหายตึกถล่ม

ผู้ว่าฯ กทม. สั่งปรับแผนค้นหาผู้สูญหายตึกถล่ม

ครบ 7 วันเหตุแผ่นดินไหว อาคารถล่ม ล่าสุดผู้ว่าฯ กทม. สั่งปรับแผนค้นหาผู้สูญหาย ใช้เครื่องจักรหนักรื้อถอนทุกโซน เบื้องต้นพบร่างผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่มเติมอีก 2 ร่าง ยังไม่สามารถนำออกมาได้

ยุน ซ็อก ยอล

ศาลรัฐธรรมนูญวินิจฉัยให้ถอดถอน ยุน ซ็อก ยอล จากตำแหน่ง ปธน.

ศาลรัฐธรรมนูญเกาหลีใต้มีคำวินิจฉัยในวันนี้ให้ถอดถอนนายยุน ซ็อก ยอล ออกจากตำแหน่งประธานาธิบดีตามที่รัฐสภาลงมติไปก่อนหน้านี้ ทำให้เขาต้องพ้นจากตำแหน่งผู้นำเกาหลีใต้