Ancient Human Skeleton Unearthed in Northeast Thailand

KHON KAEN, Jan 9 (TNA) – The skeletal remains of an ancient human, believed to be between 2,500 and 1,500 years old, have been discovered in a cassava field in Khon Kaen province, northeastern Thailand, archaeologists said.


The discovery was made in Ban Nong Du village, Wiang Kao district, approximately 200 meters from the Dinosaur Research and Education Center and Museum.

Local villagers ploughing the field on January 4 uncovered a skull exposed by water erosion, about one meter below the surface. The site is believed to have been an ancient community burial ground near a stream.


 Archaeologists from the Fine Arts Office 8 in Khon Kaen examined the site and found a relatively complete skeleton lying on its side with its arm bent. They excavated the remains for preservation to prevent further deterioration and potential damage from water erosion. Fragments of ancient pottery were also found scattered around the skeleton.

 “Previously, villagers found iron tools resembling small blades, along with red earthenware pottery decorated with cord-marked patterns, typical artifacts from the Iron Age, dating back 2,500-1,500 years,” said Thippawan Wongassapaiboon, a senior archaeologist from the Fine Arts Office 8.

This indicates that the burial site belonged to prehistoric humans who typically wrapped bodies in reed mats, bamboo mats, or cloth and offered belongings to the deceased.


The skeleton is believed to be that of a woman who died at around 30-35 years old. This estimation is based on the full eruption of her third molars and the degree of tooth wear. -819 (TNA)

ดูข่าวเพิ่มเติม

Top Viewed • อ่านมากสุด

ดูทั้งหมด

ทีมกู้ภัยเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายแผ่นดินไหวเมียนมา

ทีมกู้ภัยยังเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายจากเหตุแผ่นดินไหวในเมียนมา แม้จะผ่านมา 4 วันแล้ว จนกลิ่นศพเริ่มคละคลุ้งไปทั่ว ขณะที่ยอดผู้เสียชีวิตใกล้แตะหลัก 3,000 ราย

ตึกถล่มพบเสียชีวิตเพิ่ม

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่าง

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ในพื้นที่โซน B และโซน C มีซากอาคารถล่มทับร่างอยู่ ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่างและค้นหาผู้สูญหายใต้ซากอาคารต่อเนื่อง

ข่าวแนะนำ

“วันนอร์” ของขึ้น! ขอ ตร.สภาเข้าชาร์จ หลังเถียงกันวุ่นปมญัตติใครขึ้นก่อน

สภาเดือด “วันนอร์” ของขึ้น! ลุกยืน ขอ ตร.สภาเข้าชาร์จ หลังเถียงกันวุ่น เอาญัตติใครขึ้นก่อน เหตุ “อนุสรณ์” เสนอญัตติเลื่อนระเบียบวาระเอ็นเตอร์เทนเมนต์ฯ ไปพิจารณาครั้งถัดไป ซ้อน “เท้ง” เรื่องแผ่นดินไหว “ไอติม” ก็เดือด ทุบโต๊ะ แซะรัฐบาล ไม่กี่ชั่วโมงก็รอไม่ได้ จะเอา “กาสิโน” เข้าทันทีเลย ด้าน “ชัยชนะ” นั่งไม่ติดขอใช้สิทธิพาดพิง ยันพรรคร่วมรัฐบาลไม่ได้เห็นด้วยกับฝ่ายค้าน ทำ “ปกรณ์วุฒิ” โต้กลับ เบรกอย่าประท้วงมั่วซั่ว ขณะ “โรม” ลุกโวยปิดไมค์แต่ฝ่ายค้าน สุดท้ายแพ้ ญัตติขอเลื่อนระเบียบวาระถูกพิจารณาก่อน

ยอดผู้เสียชีวิตจากแผ่นดินไหวในเมียนมาทะลุ 3,000 รายแล้ว

ยอดผู้เสียขีวิตจากแผ่นดินไหวรุนแรงในเมียนมาทะลุเกิน 3,000 รายแล้วในวันนี้ และอีกหลายร้อยคนยังคงสูญหาย ในขณะที่คาดว่าจะเกิดฝนตกนอกฤดูกาล ซึ่งจะส่งผลกระทบเป็นอุปสรรค

ท่าทีไทยการค้าสหรัฐ

นายกฯ ออกแถลงการณ์ท่าทีประเทศไทยต่อนโยบายการค้าสหรัฐ

นายกฯ ออกแถลงการณ์ท่าทีประเทศไทยต่อนโยบายการค้าสหรัฐ หลัง “ทรัมป์” ประกาศปรับภาษีนำเข้า 36% เตรียมปรับดุลการค้าให้เป็นธรรมทั้งสองฝ่าย ชี้ระยะยาวผู้ประกอบการส่งออกไทยควรมองหาตลาดใหม่ที่มีศักยภาพ ลดความเสี่ยงพึ่งพาตลาดเดียว ย้ำรัฐบาลวางมาตรการรองรับบรรเทาผลกระทบ ​

พบสัญญาณชีพ

ผู้ว่าฯ ชัชชาติ ยันพบสัญญาณชีพหญิงสาว 1 คน

ว่าฯ ชัชชาติ ยันพบสัญญาณชีพหญิงสาวบริเวณโพรงบันไดหนีไฟ 1 คน ใช้โซนาร์วัดระยะความลึกเสียงได้ 3 เมตร ย้ำไม่หมดหวัง แต่ไม่อยากให้ทุกคนคาดหวัง จะเร่งทำงานเพื่อนำหญิงคนดังกล่าวออกมาให้ได้โดยเร็วที่สุด