Hong Kong Gang Busted Smuggling 14kg of Heroin Hidden in Snacks

Bangkok, Aug 16 (TNA) – Thai authorities have arrested four Hong Kong nationals at Suvarnabhumi Airport for attempting to smuggle 14 kilograms of heroin hidden inside snack boxes, police said on Friday.


The seizure was the result of a joint operation between the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB), Customs Department, and Suvarnabhumi Airport Authority, according to Pol Lt Gen Phanurat Lakboon, secretary-general of the ONCB.

“Following a tip-off from Hong Kong law enforcement, we tracked the movements of this four-person syndicate and identified them as key players in a transnational drug trafficking operation,” said Pol Lt Gen Phanurat.


The suspects had been under surveillance for several days after arriving in Thailand and checking into hotels in the Huai Khwang and Ramkhamhaeng districts of Bangkok.

On August 14, authorities observed one of the suspects picking up a suspicious suitcase from a car near a hotel in Huai Khwang. The following day, all four suspects made their way to Suvarnabhumi Airport.

“When they arrived at the airport, the suspects went to the restroom together, which led us to believe that they were exchanging the drugs,” said Pol Lt Gen Phanurat.


“We intercepted them and conducted a search, discovering 40 blocks of heroin, weighing approximately 14 kilograms, concealed within snack boxes inside a suitcase.”

Pol Lt Gen Phanurat noted that this was the second time in recent months that Thai authorities had disrupted a heroin smuggling attempt by a Hong Kong syndicate. In June, a similar operation led to the seizure of 14 kilograms of heroin at Suvarnabhumi Airport. -819 (TNA)

ดูข่าวเพิ่มเติม

Top Viewed • อ่านมากสุด

ดูทั้งหมด

ทีมกู้ภัยเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายแผ่นดินไหวเมียนมา

ทีมกู้ภัยยังเดินหน้าค้นหาผู้สูญหายจากเหตุแผ่นดินไหวในเมียนมา แม้จะผ่านมา 4 วันแล้ว จนกลิ่นศพเริ่มคละคลุ้งไปทั่ว ขณะที่ยอดผู้เสียชีวิตใกล้แตะหลัก 3,000 ราย

ตึกถล่มพบเสียชีวิตเพิ่ม

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่าง

พบผู้เสียชีวิตเพิ่ม 5 ราย ในพื้นที่โซน B และโซน C มีซากอาคารถล่มทับร่างอยู่ ทีมกู้ภัยเร่งกู้ร่างและค้นหาผู้สูญหายใต้ซากอาคารต่อเนื่อง

ข่าวแนะนำ

“อนุทิน” เผยยังไม่สรุปสาเหตุตึก สตง.ถล่ม ต้องรอตรวจสอบเชิงลึก

“อนุทิน” ระบุยังไม่สรุปสาเหตุตึก สตง. ถล่ม บอกต้องรอตรวจสอบเชิงลึก ชี้สภาพหน้างานตอนนี้ยังเก็บหลักฐานไม่ได้ อยู่ระหว่างกู้ภัย คาดใช้เวลาอีกเป็นเดือน

คุมตัวผัวเมียชิงทอง 8 บาท ย่านบางพลี ทำแผนฯ

ตำรวจคุมตัวสามีภรรยา ชี้จุดทำแผนประกอบคำรับสารภาพ หลังร่วมกันก่อเหตุชิงทอง 8 บาท ร้านทองย่านบางพลี จ.สมุทรปราการ อ้างต้องการเงินไปเป็นเจ้าภาพงานบุญผ้าป่า หลังสัญญากับทางวัดไว้

กู้ภัยนานาชาติ เครือข่าย USAR ถอนกำลังแล้ว

กู้ภัยนานาชาติ เครือข่าย USAR ถอนกำลังแล้ว หลังอยู่ปฏิบัติภารกิจค้นหา-กู้ชีพ สนับสนุนกู้ภัยไทย เหตุตึก สตง.ถล่ม กว่า 1 สัปดาห์

“ก้อง ห้วยไร่” ร้องเพลงให้กำลังใจญาติผู้ประสบภัยตึก สตง.ถล่ม

ใช้ดนตรีฮีลใจ “ก้อง ห้วยไร่” ร้องเพลงคลายเครียดให้กับญาติผู้ประสบภัยตึก สตง.ถล่ม ที่ศูนย์พักคอยฯ ทำเอาหลายคนกลั้นน้ำตาไว้ไม่ไหว เผยเข้าใจความรู้สึกแรงงานดี เพราะตนเคยทำมาก่อน